Saturday, 2 February 2013

Some of the things that I love!!!

I love things that are unique and that make me smile!
This I got from my boyfriend about 6 years ago.
I love animals and it holds coats!!!!

This I saw in a second hand shop and thought was just to cute!
 (Plus it reminds me of me cats and fish bowls, and shows that they are not the only ones who like them)
I got this about 15 years ago.

First time I saw this and fell in love with it when I was about 13 years old.
I was raised by my grandparents and my grandmother brought it home one day.
When she passed my grandfather remembered how much I loved this picture and he gave it to me.

This is one I received from my mother about 18 years ago,
we both had a love of animals, and big cats.

Can't remember how I got this one but I have had it over 15 years.
Who doesn't like kittens sleeping.

Now these two are paintings done by a woman years ago,
they were given to me by her children when the woman's husband died almost 20 years ago.
Still have there name in my files.  If I ever parted with them or died I would like them to go back to her family if they want them.  There was a third but my ex had it and he died before I was able to get it back.
I still hope to find it and put it back with these.
Been offered money for both but the tiger everyone who sees it wants it.  ;)
It is about 3 feet by 3 feet.

This one makes me think of more peaceful times.
The third one was of a pair of lions, male and female.

This one second hand store again!
Had it is my bathroom.
When I decide to convert dining room into my computer/ craft room,
I decided I wanted to put it above my aquarium
Will do it when I find away to make sure it doesn't fall.
;)

And yes they are Webkins above it, I have over 20, sorry lost count and I have at least 7 to register still.
(they are such cute stuffed animals and the online games are great for kids)

This cat is needle point I received from a friend for Christmas about 6 years ago.

This my cousin in Arizona made and gave to me.
This first is light behind it.

and without light.

This I also got from my cousin, bought I believe she bought here from a store that sold art like this.

This was my best friend's mother's,
when she passed (about 20 years ago) it was given to me to remember her, she knew I loved cats.

As you can see my tastes very!

That is true about book, movies and music.

I do have one collection to show you one day,
It is a collection of book marks.
To me they are a perfect gift.  When some goes out of the country or even another town, bookmarks are a nice Souvenir, not expensive and doesn't take up a lot of room.
;~)

Well hope you like the things I love!
What kind of things do you love?

Alice
alicem@fortheloveofalicesfamily.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
==============================
Update:  I made a mistake on the last one,  I got it from a different best friend, (I will call this one my new best friend) but it was about 3 yrs ago.  The piece I was Thinking about that I received was of a cat figurine also but you place on a bowl or ledge (I like fish bowl) so it looks like it is watching the fish.  I do not get to see this best friend (I will call her my old best friend but always my best friend) very often because she moved away a few years ago.

11 comments:

1. This is a beautiful collection. I can see how much you love animals! I really like images with big cats, and that tiger painting is incredible!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love to look at beautiful things! And yes I love animals!! They love without strings and their pictures show there strength and beauty.
      Alice ;~)

2. Oh I love that tiger painting - gorgeous!!

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know isn't it! The woman was talented!! I couldn't believe they gave them to me! Said they had no room for them. I am glad they did though!
      Alice ;~)

3. Wow girl!! You have a beautiful collection!!! I love everything, because, it is you! That 3 feet by 3 feet painting is amazing! Are you sure you want the two large paintings from me?? I hope you have the room ;o) Hugs ;o)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I am glad you like them!!! And yes I am sure, will be perfect to add to my collection!!! I am redoing dining room, it will be where I will be spending a lot of time. There is almost 2 walls empty and a half a wall and soon half of the other. My computers and a new tv are going in there. Soon I will not be able to sit for very long on couch without altering it(than no one will be able to sit there but me). Be easier to sit in a chair. Plus everything will be at my finger tips. I am looking forward to it.

{{Alice}} :~)

2. Oh yea the new tv will be from my boyfriend because he likes the big one I bought last year with my income tax refund. It is a 42 inch back project HD Flat Screen and will not fit in dining room! ;~)

4. I forgot to say, I love your finger nail! ;o)

ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Dollar store again, just love that place!!!

5. Cool! Everything sounds excellent!

ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment if you like! If there is something to make you smile you would like me to share or a topic let me know here or email me at alicem@fortheloveofalicesfamily.com

linkwithin